Saturday, October 20, 2007

Oh good god

So the other day Julie Brown and Norrell told me about a crazy resident of the V who isn't a student. She lives on the 10th floor, but likes to use the men's single shower on the 4th floor. When some boys told her that they were for students only, she wrote Julie a crazy letter. I got to read it. It was incomprehensible and babbling. She attached her business card to it. She is the type of "clown" that gives clowns a bad name.

I am in the computer lab, minding my own business on the one out of five computers her that works. Enter who I immediately take to be said resident. She is short, with a brown bob that has bright red streaks in it. She is muttering to herself (?) about how the computers don't work, then starts talking to me about it. I make noncommittal responses. She then proceeds to fiddle with the wires of one computer, at which point I look over and notice that on the windowsill in a dog-carrying bag is a rabbit. A live rabbit. At first I thought it was a groundhog. I don't want that thing in the room with me.

She got the computer to work which is pretty cool, but she just now turned and asked me if I would mind if she opened the window. When I said no, she replied "Just trying to exercise a little computer courtesy." Except that she pronounced computer as "com-pooter".

I have to go. This ... no words.

3 comments:

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Alice,
I can't believe you didn't already know about this woman. She's been at the V for apparently forever and was always using the kitchen and computer lab last year and we weren't allowed to tell her to leave, I guess because everyone's afraid of her.

Still, a rabbit...that's terrifying.

Lizz said...

THIS IS WONDERFUL! I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM ONLY SEEING THIS NOW.

HEY, enjoy turkey, Alice.