Tuesday, August 12, 2008

italia!

on a time limit, so im just copying the email i sent to my parents. will dish more dirt on the parents the next time im not charging my internet access to their bill...


Hello parents! I dont even know where to begin, but we just arrived in montecatini terme, which is a huge change from the agriturismo in sansicario. picture this: from a hikers paradise in a former olympic bobsledding site where the milk in our coffee came from a cow that morning and if it wasnt picked from the garden, it doesnt go on our plates to the spa paradise of tuscany, where you cant enter the dining room in shorts and the designer clothing stores stay open until 11pm.

anyway, im having a really good time. it can be pretty stressful... todays car ride was about 6 hours long... but it was a breeze compared to the trips we took up and down the mountains in sansicario (so bad that i got barfed on.) day two was the worst. i didnt go down to dinner, instead staying up with the baby, who barfed on me and then fell off the bed when i went to clean my jeans. that was terrible. it was about a two foot drop onto a wood floor... no small deal for an 11 month old. i pretty much freaked out. luckily shes fine and michele doesnt seem to hate me.

other than that, weve been hiking, spent a day by a river in "marmot valley", and tomorrow were going to pinocchio land. i cant say too much more because its nearly midnight and weve got a big day tomorrow!! also, im charging this to the room, and i dont know if i should be doing that.... eek! but, to sum: food is wonderful, weather is getting better, kids are on-and-off, food is wonderful, italy is wonderful!

gonna go now, will try to write more when i can. though theres not really much more to say!

love al

3 comments:

Lizz said...

there must be more to say on pinocchio land. PINOCCHIO LAND!

sounds like a lot of barf, I'm sorry.

babies have thick heads!

Katie said...

I like the part where you dropped a baby.

More, please.

erica said...

alice I am reading all of these in reverse order which so far seems to prove to be a really great decision on my part. Thank god you dropped the baby. I mean otherwise I never would have laughed that hard before 2pm. Also, buy me some designer clothing would ya? And also it might be a good idea to start wearing a poncho with all that puke going around...