Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Last Weekend

Was a pretty great one.

Friday included these highlights:

--Seeing my Uncle Jim again
--Getting drunk with my family in a bar where Janet Cho works
--Meeting my brother's roommate's Irish boyfriend
--Getting margarita dumped on me by my uncle
--Getting bitten in the arm by my brother
--Hopping fences with my family
--Going to the ER with my family
--Eating good food and drinking more beer with different members of my family
--Meeting a crazy man in the waiting room of the hospital
--Getting a loving drunk dial from some of my friends who were at the boat dance

Saturday:

--Riding the T and reminiscing about the fun parts of my last trip to Boston
--Watching Doug's graduation ceremony through binoculars
--Identifying Doug in the crowd by his silver tie and then realizing that he'd shaved his head the night before
--Text messaging Doug and then watching his responses through the binoculars
--The horrible speech by Ned Negroponte about giving laptops to children in poor countries
--The awesome speech by the student speaker who I'm sure raps in his free time
--Barbeque in Brookline
--Singing the Birthday Dirge to my sister
--Other people in the restaurant requesting that we sing the Birthday Dirge again for their son
--High-speed go-karting with my family
--Being the only member of my family to get a penalty during a go-kart race

Sunday:

--Watching the woman who graciously let us stay in her house try to foist a sparkly old-lady shirt onto my mother
--Hearing her tell me that Sparkles Are My Mother's Color, as though sparkles were a color
--Disappointing FrenchToast but delicious fresh-squeezed orange juice
--Dreaming that I was a millionaire so that I could shop at a store with goreous shoes, high-waisted jeans, and short-alls that actually looked cool
--After not driving a car in several months, having my first experience doing so be in lots of traffic with crazy drivers
--Getting home
--Kevyn driving down from Brooklyn to see me and arriving at 11.30 pm
--Sleeping in my own bed

2 comments:

cjb said...

I love your family.

Funny story about Mr. Negroponte: (one of) his daughter (s) was mer's housemate and good friend in college. And slowly the house realized that Marina lived, not only in NYC, but in the waldorf-astoria. And that her dad wasn't just some politician, but some big shot politician. Who would be going to iraq to do stuff. Etc etc.
Good times in the 'League.

Katie said...

"--Hearing her tell me that Sparkles Are My Mother's Color, as though sparkles were a color
--Disappointing FrenchToast but delicious fresh-squeezed orange juice"

From now on, I will cite these two bulletpoints when people ask me "How would you describe Alice, in two bulletpoints?" Let's hope someone asks me that.

I was going to ask who Mr. Negroponte was, but Corinne's reply told me.