Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hmm

Today I wasn't scheduled at either of my jobs, but I thought I would pick up a shift at Vicki's because I'm dropping one on Friday for a dentist appointment. Having woken up in a bit of a funk, the prospect of choosing to go there for 6 hours was not a fun one. However, neither was sitting on the couch by myself all day listening to Christmas music. As I was donning my mood-lifting all black attire, I got a text message from the manager of Bare Escentuals who was sending out the "distress call": one employee called out sick and she was in the ER because the safe dropped on her foot. In a store with a grand total of 20 employees, two people calling out in one day is huge. So I responded and am now going to BE for the rest of the day. As I walked around getting ready, I realized that--as opposed to ten minutes prior when I was dragging my feet from one room to another--I was literally dancing my way around the apartment.

Do I prefer one job over the other? Good question. Sometimes I can't tell because I work 30 hours a week at the bad one and only 8 at the good one. Something is wrong with that picture.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Clearly the answer can be found in your derisive nickname of "Vicki's" as opposed to your lack of nickname whatsoever for Bare Escentuals. I think you should call that one "Esenshie's."

Katherine Carter said...

Would it make you feel better if I came to "Vicki's" and made you help me find a bra so we can have some us time in the dressing room? I dont know if it will or if it would make your day more akward, figured I would offer.