Tuesday, January 20, 2009

At Last

Dear Barack,

You have just replaced Thomas Jefferson as my favorite president. You have big shoes to fill (and no slaves to sleep with), but I have faith in you.

Eagerly awaiting the next eight years,

Alice




Dear Thomas,

I'm sorry. You had a long and prosperous reign as my top dog, but it's time for you to step aside. Not everyone understood what we had; in fact, I could barely explain myself sometimes. But I'll always think of you whenever I see Japanese cherry trees, replicas of monuments built by the parents of third graders, and illegitimate children.

Adieu,

Alice

1 comment:

Katie said...

Well, Michelle is a descendant of slaves, so you could always look at it that way.

Also, talk to Kevin about how Kevin is friends with TJ's closest male descendant, or something.