Monday, April 9, 2007

Scooters

I've decided to make this post about scooters because I always see that as an example of what one can label one's post, and today I want to correctly label a post about scooters.

-My brother's childhood nickname was Scooter.
-Once when he was a baby my parents went out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant with him. The waiter asked what his name was; misunderstanding their reply of "It's Doug" the waiter called him "Stug" all night long.

-Has either of you ever eaten a Scooter Pie? What are they?
-If I ever go on a crosscountry musical roadtrip I will take up smoking just that I can buy "a pack of cigarettes and Mrs. Wagner's pies".

-My brother Scooter once owned a scooter. You both might remember when he drove that scooter through a school hallway.
-I told him yesterday that I wished he had driven the scooter across the platform when he graduated high school. Oh well.

-I like to see grown men in business suits riding Razor scooters around the city. It warms the cockles of my heart.

-I once ran into a purple Mack truck while riding a scooter. (That was on a vacation, so I can also label this post Vacation. Also, I fell down, so can I label this Fall as well?)
-I wasn't badly injured in this accident but I still have a fairly prominent scar from it on my arm. For a good while I had little feeling in the area where that scar was. Don't worry, it's back now.

-Mrs. Dowling called it "Scooting" when her dog would sit down on a rug or the ground and pull itself along by its front legs, effectively wiping its ass on whatever surface it was scooting on.

Anyone got any to share?

1 comment:

Katie said...

Last night in my dream, you were hanging your framed Scrabble scores in the hallway of the V. We got into a fight because I told you that I didn't know if you were allowed to do that and you insisted on doing it anyway. Alice, wherefore must you be so cruel?