Sunday, November 9, 2008

Smart Girl's Guide to Being Broke?

Today I found myself crying on the street because the owner of the diner where I got lunch made me take money out of an atm instead of paying with my card.

When I got back to my sausage station, at least three employees offered me tea. They told me that it was free to employees and demonstrators, but I think they were doing it out of pity from having seen me cry. They didn't offer me any before I went on break.

Then Cher's "Shoop Shoop Song" and Roberta Flack's "Killing Me Softly" came on. I danced away my troubles when "Footloose" played.



The Smart Girl's Moral of this Story: Just dance your blues away.

1 comment:

Katie said...

That's why places that don't let you pay with a card should be boycotted!

I'm sorry, Alice.

On an unrelated note, I read the title of this post many times, sure that you had spelled "broke" wrong. But you totally didn't.